Alfred Sanzari Enterprises
Founded in 1945 by Alfred N. Sanzari, Alfred Sanzari Enterprises is a second-generation family owned and operated business, and one of New Jersey's foremost real estate developers, owners and managers. The firm is known for the quality design and construction of its buildings, superior hands-on property management and the integrity of its tenant relationships. Many of Alfred Sanzari Enterprises' strategically located office, industrial, residential, retail and hospitality properties are iconic landmarks in their respective markets with a broad range of world-class corporate tenants. The company is headquartered in Hackensack, N.J.
Alfred Sanzari Enterprises Names New Resident Manager at The Ivanhoe in Hackensack, N.J.
Release Date: July 22, 2014
Dress Barn Renews Lease at Alfred Sanzari Enterprises' Summit Plaza in Hackensack, N.J.
Release Date: July 17, 2014
Hackensack Upper Main Alliance Sponsors 5th Annual Main Street Business Expo
Release Date: June 25, 2014
Ongoing Cosmetic and Capital Improvements Enhance Alfred Sanzari Enterprises' Residential Portfolio
Release Date: June 24, 2014
Precision Technology Inc. Renews Lease at Alfred Sanzari Enterprises' Industrial Portfolio in Norwood, N.J.
Release Date: May 15, 2014
Pancetta Regional Kitchen and Wine Bar Cooks Up a Winning Dish During Third Annual ‘Taste of Teaneck' Event
Release Date: May 08, 2014
White Lodging Chosen to Manage the Marriott at Glenpointe
Release Date: March 10, 2014
Alfred Sanzari Enterprises to Hold Weekend Open Houses at Two Residential Communities
Release Date: February 25, 2014
Alfred Sanzari Enterprises
25 Main Street • Hackensack, NJ 07601
Alfred Sanzari Enterprises owns and manages a wide range of residential, commercial, industrial and mixed-use properties, including the landmark 1,000,000-square-foot Glenpointe complex in Teaneck, N.J. The firm has established its reputation on the quality, design and construction of its buildings as well as its responsive, hands-on property management and the integrity of its founders.
History and Philosophy
Founded in 1945, Alfred Sanzari Enterprises is a long-time leader in New Jersey's real estate industry. The company's commitment to quality and service extends back to its early beginnings, when founder Alfred N. Sanzari built his first single-family home in Dumont. After serving in World War II, he established a sheet metal subcontracting firm built on self-reliance, hard work, fiscal responsibility and integrity. These qualities, and a strong sense of pride in the Sanzari family name, have endured throughout the company's 68-year history and remain a cornerstone of the company's business philosophy. Today, the firm's award-winning properties have become some of New Jersey's most well-known real estate developments, and are the result of a committed group of experienced professionals including planners, architects, engineers, legal and construction managers.
Prime location, aesthetic appeal and hands-on property management are hallmarks of Alfred Sanzari Enterprises' entire portfolio of commercial and residential properties.
- Court Plaza in Hackensack, N.J. - located at 19-21-25 Main Street - offers prime office space opposite the Bergen County Courthouse. The complex includes 164,000 square feet at Court Plaza North, 160,000 square feet at Court Plaza South and 10,000 square feet at Court Plaza East.
- Elmwood Park Plaza, 475 Market St. in Elmwood Park, N.J., is part of Elmwood Corporate Park. The four-story, 68,000-square-foot office building offers superb access to I-80 and the Garden State Parkway.
- Glenpointe in Teaneck, N.J. - 100-500 Frank W. Burr Blvd. - is a spectacular mixed-use complex that includes 330,000 square feet at Glenpointe Centre West, 240,000 square feet at Glenpointe Centre East and 80,000 square feet at The Atrium at Glenpointe. Amenities include the 26,000-square-foot Glenpointe Spa and Fitness, and the 350-room Marriott at Glenpointe Hotel and Conference Center.
- Heights Plaza - 777 Terrace Ave. in Hasbrouck Heights, N.J. - is located just 10 minutes from the George Washington Bridge at the intersection of I-80 and Route 17. The building offers 200,000 square feet with ample covered parking.
- Meadowlands in South Hackensack, N.J., is a seven-building, 500,000-square-foot warehousing and distribution complex at Empire and Central boulevards.
- Elmwood Corporate Park - located at 481-487-491 Edward Ross Dr. in Elmwood Park, N.J. - is a 274,000-square-foot corporate park that includes a 210,000-square-foot warehousing and distribution complex.
- Norwood industrial park is a portfolio of six buildings with 380,000 square feet on Chestnut and Maple streets.
- Summit Plaza in Hackensack, N.J. - located at 370 West Pleasantview Ave. - is a 100,000-square foot retail complex anchored by a 62,000-square-foot Stop & Shop superstore.
- The Alfred N. Sanzari Medical Arts Building located at 360 Essex St. in Hackensack, N.J., is an 84,000-square-foot building offering modern amenities for medical professionals along with ground-level retail.
- 184 Essex St. in Hackensack, N.J., is a planned mixed-use building that will feature 70,000 square feet of medical office space and 14,730 square feet of ground-floor retail.
- The Ivanhoe, 130 Overlook Ave. in Hackensack, N.J., is comprised of 197 studio, one- and two-bedroom high-rise apartments complemented by maintenance-free living and on-site amenities.
- Nottingham Manor, 1-186 Nottingham Court in Montvale, N.J, features one- and two-bedroom apartments tucked in a landscape rich with lakes and parks.
- Madison Arms, 52-80 Madison St. in Hackensack, N.J., offers spacious one-bedroom apartments near local amenities.
- Willow Gardens, 265-287 Willow St. in Teaneck, N.J., is a community of one- and two-bedroom garden apartments close to Riverside Square Mall.
- Queen Anne, 230 Polifly Road in Hackensack, N.J., features studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments with new appliances and access to local amenities.
- Prospect/Passaic St., 333 Passaic St. in Hackensack, N.J., is a collection of 38 one-bedroom garden apartments with ample on-site parking.
- Riverside Terrace, 114-138 River Road in Bogota, N.J., offers studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments amid wooded beauty, shopping and dining.
Key Management and Staff
Alfred Sanzari's sons, David and Ben, have shared in the firm's success. Together, they continue to expand the company's scope of capabilities and market share, while maintaining its focus on providing premier service to all tenants throughout Alfred Sanzari Enterprises' portfolio of properties. Their meticulous attention to detail is shared by the department heads and staff throughout the company. The entire Alfred Sanzari Enterprises team is devoted to the pursuit of excellence in the development, ownership and operation of its diverse real estate portfolio.
David Sanzari, president and chief executive officer
David Sanzari oversees the company's daily operations with the hallmark hands-on management style for which Alfred Sanzari Enterprises is known. He joined the company, under the watchful eye of his father, in 1972 as a laborer in the Construction Department and rose through the ranks to become a project manager. With a career that spans more than 40 years, he has earned industry-wide respect as a commercial real estate industry leader whose commitment to outstanding service and superior construction is unwavering.
Clifford Schwartz, executive vice president
Schwartz directs the day-to-day operations of Alfred Sanzari Enterprises. An industry veteran with more than 30 years' experience, he joined the company in 2012. Schwartz earned a bachelor's degree in accounting from Brooklyn College and a master's degree in business administration from Adelphi University.
Jerry L. Barta, vice president and director of leasing and marketing
Barta joined the Alfred Sanzari Enterprises team in 1994 and is responsible for overseeing all leasing and marketing activities related to the company's commercial real estate portfolio. A graduate of Touro College with a bachelor's degree in accounting and political science, Barta also earned a Juris Doctorate with honors from the Benjamin Cardozo School of Law.
Andrew T. Gerleit, vice president of construction
Gerleit supervises and manages Alfred Sanzari Enterprises' overall real estate development activities, including the construction division's planning services, practices, procedures and personnel. He joined the company in 2003 and has more than 28 years of development and construction industry experience.
David Cali, vice president of property management
Cali joined the company in 2004 and is responsible for all property management activities. He attended Ramapo College and New York University School of Real Estate, earning a degree in construction management.
Victoria Tinen, residential property manager
Tinen joined Alfred Sanzari Enterprises in May 2012, and is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the firm's residential property division, which includes approximately 538 garden and luxury units. Tinen brings more than 20 years of residential property management experience to her role at Alfred Sanzari Enterprises.