Download printer-friendly version: click here
New Specialty Programs, Prestigious Accreditations and Care Recognitions Highlight Achievements at Bergen County, N.J., Skilled Nursing Facility
ALLENDALE, N.J., Sept. 28, 2022 — Quality care recognitions, specialty programming and life enrichment enhancements, and prestigious healthcare accreditations punctuate a year of significant progress at Allendale Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center. Located at 85 Harreton Road in Allendale, the 299-bed skilled nursing facility provides post-hospital care, short-term rehab and long-term residential care.
“What a difference a year makes!” said Ugochi Opara, regional director of market development at Marquis Health Consulting Services, which supports the facility. “Following an ownership change and rebranding in Summer 2021, the dedicated teams at Allendale and Marquis have focused on enhancing this facility’s position as the region’s skilled nursing destination of choice.”
Recognized as a Best Nursing Home 2021-22 in the short-stay rehab category by U.S. News & World Report, Allendale recently raised its Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) quality care measures rating to five stars. The Bergen County facility, formerly known as The Allendale Community for Senior Living, is undergoing a multi-million-dollar repositioning. This includes renovations – which are touching every part of the two-story building – and enhancements to the facility’s specialty care programming.
To that end:
- Allendale recently launched a Cardiac Rehabilitation Program, naming board-certified cardiologist and cardiothoracic surgeon Hamid Nia, MD, as its director.
- Earlier this year, Allendale launched a Pulmonary Rehabilitation specialty under the direction of board-certified pulmonologist Jason Shatkin, MD, ABSM, ABIM, supported by a full-time respiratory therapist on staff.
- Allendale is also boosting physical and mental health through new, tech-centered initiatives such as virtual-reality travel, samba dance fitness, music therapy and more.
“Allendale is collaborating with the region’s top physicians and partners to help seniors live their best lives – with more initiatives to come,” Opara said. “And the renovation work in progress is creating a modern, home-like environment for residents while augmenting facility’s ability to provide top-level therapy and expanded care options. It’s a comprehensive transformation, and everyone at Allendale and Marquis is incredibly proud of the progress to date.”
Allendale also has earned two prestigious accreditations this year. This includes:
- Nursing Center Accreditation from The Joint Commission, the nation’s oldest and largest standards-setting and accrediting body in health care, and
- The American Heart Association’s new Skilled Nursing Facility Heart Failure Center Certification – earned by less than 1% of skilled nursing facilities nationwide, to date.
Allendale Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center shares a campus with Carlton Court, a memory care neighborhood, and The Atrium, an assisted living community. Serving as a healthcare resource for families of patients and the local community, Allendale maintains a resource library of physician-curated content addressing many topics of interest. It can be accessed on the facility’s website, allendalehc.com.
Brick, N.J-based Marquis Health Consulting Services provides administrative and consulting services to skilled nursing facilities and senior housing communities along the Eastern Seaboard. The organization’s operational guidance enables its client facilities to overachieve their quality and customer service goals by embracing a progressive, multi-specialty approach to healthcare.
About Allendale Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center
85 Harreton Road, Allendale, N.J. 07401
Follow Allendale Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center on Facebook