Fairlane Village Mall
389 Pottsville St Clair Hwy
Pottsville, Pa 17901
Kohl’s Grand Opening Among Special Offerings
Event Date: March 31, 2012
Download Word Doc: Click Here
POTTSVILLE, Pa., Feb. 7, 2012 – Area residents are invited to an array of events this month at Fairlane Village Mall. In addition to the long-anticipated grand opening of Kohl’s, mall visitors will enjoy the Big Diamond Speedway car show, a Cub Scout Pine Wood Derby, the arrival of the Easter bunny and much more. All events are free and open to the public, unless otherwise noted:
- Sat. March 3 – Schuylkill County children of all ages are invited to Fairlane Village Mall’s fourth annual Education Express from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. This family-friendly event features area schools, libraries and early childhood education providers who will provide activities to help children get ready for a lifetime of learning. Each exhibitor will have a developmentally appropriate craft or activity for children to enjoy; families will find valuable information about early childhood education initiatives throughout the state as well as kindergarten registration information for area schools. Children are encouraged to fill out their vendor passports after visiting each exhibitor station to earn a coupon for a free pretzel courtesy of Village Pretzels. For more information about the Education Express, contact Carmel Yingling at (570) 544-8959 ext. 221.
- Saturdays and Sundays, March 3, 4, 9 and 10 – Last call for cookies! Shoppers are encouraged to purchase some tasty treats as Girl Scout Cookie sales will take place in Center Court on the following dates and times: Sat., March 3: 12 to 4 p.m.; Sun., March 4: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Sat., March 9: 5 to 9 p.m.; Sun., March 10: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Each sale will benefit a different local troop.
- Sun., March 4 through Sat., March 10 – Race cars will return once again to Fairlane Village Mall for the Big Diamond Speedway Car Show. Big Diamond competitors will promote their sponsors and home track in advance of the spring opening of the Speedway’s 40th season. For more information, contact Jim Evans at (570) 399-5286.
- Wed., March 7 – Stop by Fairlane Village Mall to welcome our newest tenant, as Kohl’s hosts a Grand Opening celebration!
- Sat., March 17 – Area residents are encouraged to give the gift of life by donating blood during the American Red Cross Blood Drive from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. To make an appointment to donate blood, call 1-800-RED CROSS or register at www.redcrossblood.org.
- Fri., March 23 and Sat., March 24 – The Schuylkill County Quilters Guild will host its annual quilt show in the storefront across from Super Shoes. Come out to see the amazing handcrafted works of art!
- Sat., March 24 – The Easter bunny will arrive at 11 a.m., leading a parade through the mall. Children age 12 and under are encouraged to bring their Easter baskets and join in the parade to collect treats from participating stores. Afterward, the bunny will settle in at Center Court for photos and visits. The first 100 children to visit him will receive a free ticket to a Reading Phillies’ game. Additionally, customers that purchase any photo package will receive a free gift.
- Mon., March 26 through Sat., April 7 – The mall will host its Fourth Annual Easter Egg Hunt for children ages 12 and under. Participation forms will be available at the Easter Set or the Mall Office. Children can pick up a form and search throughout the mall for the hidden eggs, and be entered to win one of several gift baskets stuffed with prizes and candy (courtesy of participating mall stores).
- Sat., March 31 – The Hawk Mountain Council Cub Scout Pine Wood Derby will provide for an action-packed morning. Registration begins at 9 a.m., with the first race at 9:45 a.m. For more information, call Lisa Frederick at 610-926-3406.
Fairlane Village Mall, “Where Schuylkill County Shops For Value,” is located on Route 61 North, just a mile from downtown Pottsville. For the second year in a row, Fairlane Village Mall was named Best Shopping Center in the annual “Best Of” competition sponsored by Schuylkill Living Magazine. For more information about community events hosted by the mall or special sales for area shoppers, visit www.shopfairlanevillage.com.