Allendale Community for Senior Living
85 Harreton Road
Allendale, N.J. 07401
Cultural Programming, Valentine’s Day Craft Highlight Winter Activities at Senior Living Campus
Event Date: February 28, 2015
Download Word Doc: Click Here
ALLENDALE, N.J., Jan 28, 2015 – The Atrium Assisted Living at The Allendale Community for Senior Living will continue with its winter program of events for residents and guests including art appreciation, a look at presidential campaign buttons, and how to make Valentine's Day cards, among others, throughout the month of February. The following events are free and open to the public:
- Tues., Feb. 3: "Art Appreciation with Darby." Learn about visual art forms and their cultural connections to us, at 11 a.m. in the Activities Room.
- Mon., Feb. 9: Romance is in the air! Learn how to makeyour very own Valentine's Day cards with hands-on instruction from Learle VanEmburg, 2 p.m. in the Activities Room.
- Fri., Feb 13: Enjoy a look at the past with a "Show & Tell" of vintage Valentine's day cards from eras gone by. Presented by Mary Stampleman in the Activities Room.
- Tues., Feb. 17: As the next presidential campaign is gearing up, here's a chance to look at presidential campaign button memorabilia from the past to the present. Join Mary Stampleman for a "Show & Tell" in the Activities Room.
- Wed., Feb 18: Listen and learn at a seminar presented by Valley Home Care on the "ABC's of Homecare," with Toni Modak, RN, BSN. Presented in the Atrium Lounge; refreshments served.
- Mon. Feb 23: Enjoy music and refreshments at this Open House/Meet & Greet with the sounds of Pete Visalli, in the Atrium Lounge.
- Thurs. Feb 26: The Stella Dukes Memorial Fund for the Arts continues its cultural programming with "The Grandeur That was Rome," presented by Dr. Michael Norris, a retired educator from The Metropolitan Museum of Art, in the Cinema.
The Allendale Community for Senior Living and Rehabilitation Center is located at 85 State Highway 17 South in Allendale, N.J. (mailing address: 85 Harreton Road, Allendale, N.J. 07401). Developed in stages beginning in 1967, The Allendale Community pioneered modern-day eldercare. For more information about events open to the public, call (201) 825-0660 or visit http://www.allendalecommunity.com/.