20 Ridge Road
Mahwah, NJ 07430
In-Store Registered Dietitian Leads Free LiveRight Events for Shoppers of All Ages
Event Date: July 29, 2014
Download Word Doc: Click Here
HACKENSACK, N.J., June 27, 2014 – In July, ShopRite of Hackensack , an Inserra Supermarkets store, will offer a full roster of wellness and healthy eating events led by its in-store registered dietitian Emily Johnston, R.D., C.D.E. ShopRite's free retail dietitian services and the following programs are available to the general public:
- Tuesday, July 1 – Fresh Food Fast, 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. Give fast food a whole new meaning. Stop by the Dietitian's Corner to learn how to turn simple ingredients into a healthy meal and take home a recipe that takes less time to prepare than it does to pick up take-out.
- Saturday, July 5 – Produce Pick, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Join ShopRite's in-store dietitian in the Produce Department for samples of this week's pick and recipes too.
- Sunday, July 6 – Spread the Love: Nut Butter Tasting, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Drop by the Dietitian's Corner to try the many flavors of Wild Friends nut butters and learn how heart-healthy nuts can be.
- Tuesday, July 8 – Produce Pick, 12 – 2 p.m. Join ShopRite's in-store dietitian in the Produce Department for samples of this week's pick and recipes too.
- Thursday, July 10 – Re-Think Your Drink, 2 – 4 p.m. Ditch the soda and other sugary beverages for good. ShopRite's in-store dietitian has the inside scoop on cooling down this summer with tasty – and better for you – drink options.
- Fridays, July 11, 18 and 25 – High Fiber Friday, 12 – 2 p.m. Wondering how to meet suggested fiber requirements each day? Visit the Dietitian's Corner for all the answers on how to do just that in a simple and delicious way.
- Monday, July 14 – Let's Cook: Veggies, 5 – 7 p.m. ShopRite's in-store dietitian is ready to turn vegetables' boring reputation upside down. Drop in the Dietitian's Corner to pick up a host of recipes designed to spice veggies up in a flavorful, budget-friendly manner.
- Thursdays, July 17 and 24 – What's Cookin'?, all day. ShopRite's in-store dietitian is teaming up with the ShopRite Kitchen to spotlight the new offerings at the Food Court. Stop by to learn about all of ShopRite's Eat Well Dishes that are packed with fresh ingredients and deliciously light – and right – for summer.
- Sunday, July 27 – No Cook Summer Sides, 1 – 3 p.m. Who wants to turn on the oven during summer's sweltering days? Visit the Dietitian's Corner for recipes for no cook side dishes that are sure to please the whole family.
- Monday, July 28 – LiveRight With ShopRite Kid's Day, 4 – 4:45 p.m. Bring the little chefs in the family to the store for the chance to make some healthy creations. The event is recommended for children ages 4-6, and advance registration is required. A parent or guardian must attend. To register, call (201) 819-5015 or email Emily.Johnston@wakefern.com .
- Tuesday, July 29 – Produce Pick, 4 – 6 p.m. Join ShopRite's in-store dietitian in the Produce Department for samples of this week's pick and recipes too.
ShopRite of Hackensack is located at 500 South River Street. For more information or to pre-register for one of the events, contact Emily Johnston at (201) 819-5015 or Emily.Johnston@wakefern.com .