20 Ridge Road
Mahwah, NJ 07430
In-Store Registered Dietitian Leads LiveRight Events for People of All Ages
Event Date:July 31, 2014
Download Word Doc: Click Here
HOBOKEN, N.J., June 25, 2014 – ShopRite of Hoboken, an Inserra Supermarkets store, continues promoting healthy living with a full roster of wellness events led by its in-store registered dietitian Jenna Stock, R.D. ShopRite's free retail dietitian services and the following programs are available to the general public:
- Tuesday, July 1 – Fresh Food Fast, 1 – 3 p.m. Give fast food a whole new meaning. Stop by the Dietitian's Corner to learn how to turn simple ingredients into a healthy meal and take home a recipe that takes less time to prepare than it does to pick up take-out.
- Tuesday, July 8 – No Cook Summer Sides, 4 – 6 p.m. No need to turn on the oven during summer sweltering days. Visit the Dietitian's Corner for recipes for "no cook" side dishes that are sure to please the whole family.
- Saturday, July 12 – Re-Think Your Drink, 12 – 2 p.m. Ditch the soda and other sugary beverages for good. ShopRite's in-store dietitian has the inside scoop on cooling down this summer with tasty – and better for you – drink options.
- Tuesday, July 15– Jenna's Produce Pick, 2 – 4 p.m. Join ShopRite's in-store dietitian in the Produce Department for a sample of this month's pick and recipes for mixing it into a delicious dish.
- Friday, July 18 – High Fiber Friday, 2 – 4 p.m. Visit the Dietitian's Corner for guidance on how to meet your fiber requirements each and every day in a flavorful way.
- Saturday, July 19 – Product Spotlight: Crispy Greens, 12 – 2 p.m. Looking for new ideas when it comes to getting your recommended daily serving of fruit? Drop in the Dietitian's Corner for tasty samples of Crispy Greens freeze-dried fruit crisps.
- Sunday, July 20 – Toddler Gourmet (ages 2-5), 2 – 2:45 p.m. This event is all about fun! Bring your youngsters to create and try new healthy foods. Pre-registration is required, and a parent or guardian must attend. To register, please call (201) 819-4972 or email email@example.com.
- Tuesday, July 22 – Allergy Awareness Meeting, 7 – 8 p.m. Do you or one of your loved ones suffer from food allergies? If so, be sure to attend this meeting. To register or for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Wednesday, July 23 – Jenna's Produce Pick: Summer Smoothie Edition, 3 – 4 p.m. Summer and smoothies go hand-in-hand. Stop in the Produce Department to cool off with a sample of this week's produce pick mixed into a refreshing smoothie.
- Thursday, July 24:
- LiveRight with ShopRite Kid's Day Cooking Class (ages 6-10), 4 – 5 p.m. Bring your young chefs to create a culinary masterpiece during this fun, hands-on activity. Pre-registration is required, and a parent or guardian must be present. To register, please call (201) 819-4972 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cook Right for Tonight, 7 – 9 p.m. As part of ShopRite's culinary workshop series, the store's culinary chef and dietitian will create a healthy, flavorful meal together. This month's theme is Amazing Noodles and Grains featuring a menu of citrus salmon and sobu noodle salad, curried quinoa salad, stir-fried snow pea noodle bowl and a strawberry salsa sundae. Sign up at the Courtesy Desk for this can't miss event.
ShopRite of Hoboken is located at 900 Madison Street. All programs are free and do not require advance reservations, unless otherwise noted. For more information or to pre-register, contact ShopRite of Hoboken's Jenna Stock at (201) 819-4972 or email@example.com.