20 Ridge Road
Mahwah, NJ 07430
In-Store Retail Dietitian Provides Free Nutrition Services and Activities
Event Date: July 30, 2014
Download Word Doc: Click Here
RAMSEY, N.J., June 27, 2014 – ShopRite of Ramsey, an Inserra Supermarkets store, encourages the general public to be vigilant about healthy summer meal planning and preparation with a full roster of wellness events being held throughout July. Led by Sondra Tackett, R.D., in-store registered dietitian, the following free programs are open to the public, held at ShopRite of Ramsey and do not require advance registration, unless otherwise noted:
- Tues., July 1 – High Fiber Find, 4 – 6 p.m. Visit the dietitian's corner to learn how to reach your daily fiber goal with tasty, high-fiber finds.
- Thurs., July 3 – Build a Better Burger, noon – 3 p.m. Grilling season is in full swing at the dietitian's corner where you can see how to top off this American favorite with unique, healthier toppings.
- Sun., July 6 – Ask the R.D. Day, all day. Learn more about ShopRite free nutrition services by stopping by to meet Sondra.
- Mon., July 7 – Fresh Food Fast, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Give fast food a whole new meaning by turning five simple ingredients into a healthy meal that's quicker to prepare than ordering takeout.
- Tues., July 8 – Try It Tuesday, 4 – 6 p.m. Try something new. Stop by for a sample of one of the many new products carried at ShopRite of Ramsey along with complimentary coupons.
- Tues., July 15 – Dip It Good, 5 – 7 p.m. Healthier renditions of these favorite party classics and their recipes will be available for sampling.
- Wed., July 16 – Produce Pick, 1 – 3 p.m. This week's produce pick will be the star of a delicious dish, so stop by for nutritional info and the recipe.
- Thurs., July 17 – LiveRight with ShopRite – Kid's Day Event, 4 – 6 p.m. Create a colorful culinary masterpiece in this fun, hands-on nutrition activity. Pre-registration is required.
- Sat., July 19 – Rethink Your Drink, 10 a.m. – noon. Ditch the soda and other sugary beverages and learn how to cool down with a better drink option.
- Sun., July 20 – Ramsey Farmer's Market at the Ramsey Main Train Station, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Fresh never tasted so good in the great outdoors. Sample healthy meal ideas prepared with local bounty.
- Tues./Wed./Thurs., July 22, 23, 24 – Girl Scout Merit Badge Program – Snacks, 2:30 – 4 p.m. The cost is $27. Designed for Girl Scout Brownies (grades 2 – 3), have fun working with the dietitian to earn a Snacks Merit Badge. Pre-registration required.
- Wed., July 23 – Go Nuts: Nut Butter Sampling, 10 a.m. – noon. Stop by and taste some fresh ground nut butters and learn more about the healthy fats they contain.
- Mon., July 28 – Produce Pick, 2 – 4 p.m. Mix this week's produce pick into a delicious dish after stopping by for a taste and some recipes.
- Tues./Wed./Thurs., July 29, 30, 31 – Girl Scout Merit Badge Program – Simple Meals, 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. The cost is $27. This workshop is for Girl Scout Juniors (grades 4 – 5) seeking to earn a Simple Meals Merit Badge. Pre-registration is required.
- Wed., July 30 – High Fiber Find, 10 a.m. – noon. Visit the dietitian's corner to learn how to reach your daily fiber goal with tasty, high-fiber finds.
ShopRite of Ramsey is located at 2 Interstate Shopping Center in Ramsey, N.J. For more information or to pre-register, contact ShopRite of Ramsey's Sondra Tackett, R.D., at (201) 419-9160 or email email@example.com .