20 Ridge Road
Mahwah, NJ 07430
In-Store Registered Dietitian Leads Free LiveRight Events for Shoppers of All Ages
Event Date: June 29, 2014
Download Word Doc: Click Here
RAMSEY, N.J., June 6, 2014 – This June, ShopRite of Ramsey, an Inserra Supermarkets store, continues promoting healthy living with a full roster of wellness events lead by its in-store dietitian Sondra Tackett, R.D. ShopRite’s free retail dietitian services and the following programs are available to the general public:
• Saturday, June 7 – Wyckoff Day & LiveRight with ShopRite Kids Day, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. This event is all about family fun. Stop by ShopRite’s area with the kids for healthy snack creations and nutrition activities. This event takes place at the Wyckoff YMCA at 691 Wyckoff Avenue in Wyckoff and is open to the public.
• Thursday, June 10 – Veggie Power, 3 – 6 p.m. Veggies as the main course for dinner? Yes! Drop in the Dietitian’s Corner for vegetarian meal ideas that are sure to please.
• Wednesday, June 11 – Men’s Health Day, 1 – 3 p.m. June is Men’s Health Month, and there’s no better time for men to learn how small dietary changes influence long-term health and well-being. Come by the Dietitian’s Corner for lots of tips and information.
• Friday, June 13; Tuesday, June 24 – Produce Pick, 12 – 3 p.m. Join ShopRite’s in-store dietitian in the Produce Department to learn nutrition facts, selection and storage techniques for this month’s pick. Recipes will be available too.
• Monday, June 16 – LiveRight with ShopRite Kid’s Day, 4 – 6 p.m. Bring in your little chefs to create a colorful culinary masterpiece during this fun, hands-on activity. Pre-registration is required and a parent or guardian must be present. To register, please call (201) 419-9160 or email Sondra.email@example.com.
• Wednesday, June 18 – Fresh Food Fast-Right for Tonight, 1 – 4 p.m. ShopRite’s in-store dietitian is redefining fast food. Learn how to turn five simple ingredients into a healthy meal in less time than it takes to pick up takeout.
• Friday, June 20 – Bone Up on Calcium, 2 – 5 p.m. No matter what your age, calcium is essential for strong bones and teeth. Stop by the Dietitian’s Corner for a yogurt tasting and the inside scoop on other calcium-rich foods.
• Monday, June 23 – DermaView Skin Screening, 4 – 8 p.m. With summer in full swing, show your skin you care. Visit the Dietitian’s Corner for a free five-minute skin screening and find out how to protect your skin from sun damage.
• Friday, June 27 – High Fiber Friday, 2 – 4 p.m. Reaching your daily fiber goal is easier – and tastier – than you may think. Stop by the Dietitian’s Corner to learn more and sample some high fiber finds.
• Sunday, June 29 – Ramsey Farmer’s Market, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Come by ShopRite’s area for healthy meal samples that feature local seasonal produce. The Farmer’s Market takes place at the Ramsey Train Station and is open to the public.
ShopRite of Ramsey is located at 2 Interstate Shopping Center. For more information or to pre-register for one of the events, contact Sondra Tackett, R.D. at 201-419-9160.