CRE Leaders Recognized for Leadership, Advocacy and Service at 2023 President’s Awards and Hall of Fame Dinner
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (Nov. 9, 2023) – Eight NAIOP New Jersey members were recently honored for their outstanding leadership, advocacy and career accomplishments at the commercial real estate development association’s Annual President’s Awards and Hall of Fame Dinner. More than 300 industry leaders and chapter members attended the sold-out event, which was held at the Hilton Meadowlands.
“Our chapter is fortunate to be comprised of the most talented, engaged and dedicated professionals in the commercial real estate industry,” said the association’s president, Mark Shearer of Rockefeller Group. “Tonight, we have the privilege of recognizing not just achievement, but also the embodiment of selfless service, professionalism and success.”
The 2023 President’s Awards winners are:
- Jack Fersko of Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis, LLP was honored with the Legacy Award in recognition of the indelible stamp he has left on the CRE industry.
- The Pillar Award went to Jeffrey Hipschman of CBRE in honor of the example he sets in active membership, leadership and sponsorship.
- Hartz Mountain Industries’ Jay Rhatican received the Advocacy Award for his outstanding work in public policy on behalf of NAIOP NJ.
- The Volunteer of the Year Award was presented to Terry Armstrong of Elberon Development Group for his outstanding service to the association.
- Andrew Chun of Langan Engineering & Environmental Services received the Rising Star Award in recognition of his commitment to making a difference in the real estate community.
The evening included the induction of three industry legends and longtime Chapter members into the NAIOP New Jersey Hall of Fame: Alan Lambiase of River Terminal Development Co., Joseph S. Taylor of Matrix Development Group, and Deborah Paige Hanson of The Hampshire Companies.
PHOTO CAPTION: (seated, L-R) Jay Rhatican, Jeffrey Hipschman, Deborah Paige Hanson, Jack Fersko (standing L-R) Dan Kennedy (NAIOP NJ), Matthew Schlindwein (presenter, Greek Real Estate Partners), Mark Shearer, Terry Armstrong and Andrew Chun
About NAIOP New Jersey
317 George Street, #205, New Brunswick, NJ 08901