Senate President, Public and Private Sector Leaders will Focus on Key Issues
Event Date: February 17, 2012
NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J., February 3, 2012 – New Jersey’s site remediation landscape changed dramatically with the passage of the Site Remediation Reform Act. Whether you are an environmental professional or a business or property owner, March and May of 2012 will bring unprecedented and mandatory changes to the way site remediation is performed, and ignorance could cost up to $25,000 per violation.
On February 17, NAIOP NJ’s “Mandatory LSRP Update & Roundtables with Industry Experts” will be held at the NJ Law Center (NJ ICLE) in New Brunswick. Registration begins at 7:45 a.m., and the program starts at 8:30 a.m. The program will feature a general session with some of New Jersey’s top site remediation consultants: Jorge Berkowitz of Langan Engineering & Environmental Services; David Roth of Greenbaum Rowe Smith & Davis; Richard Ericsson of Cole Schotz Meisel Forman & Leonard; Sean Monaghan of Drinker Biddle & Reath; and Andrew Robins of Sills Cummis & Gross. They will discuss new issues facing those remediating sites and answer the most pressing questions:
- What happens if I take over a site that is rapidly approaching a regulatory or mandatory timeframe?
- Does the clock reset upon the takeover or does it continue to run?
- What do I look for in hiring an LSRP?
- Do I use an LSRP for performing my Due Diligence?
- What obligations does the LSRP have that could be contrary to my best interest?
- Are previously issued “No Further Action” determinations untouchable?
- What is the overall structure of the new program relative to roles and responsibilities?
After the general session, there will be an opportunity for participation in several small-group Roundtables with Industry Experts on topics including Post-Remediation Site Care, LSRP in More Detail, an Update on Insurance and Retirement & Estate Planning and more. Roundtable Experts will include: George Reilly, Reilly Financial; Don Richardson, EWMA; Gordon Duus, Mandelbaum Salsburg; Rubin Alspector, Marsh McLennan Agency LLC; and Greg Steinman, Synapse Services, LLC.
Two core Continuing Education credits are pending for real estate brokers and salespersons and two CPC credits are pending for engineers attending the program. For more information or to register, contact NAIOP New Jersey at (732) 729-9900 or visit http://www.naiopnj.org/