Expand Networks, Learn, and Get Inspired at Innovation kNowledge eXchange of 2022 (INX22), June 6, 2022
RUTHERFORD, N.J., May 23, 2022 – Innovation takes focused effort – and very often shared ideas – to become reality. However, bringing these together can be elusive, and that’s why the inaugural Innovation kNowledge eXchange of 2022 (INX22) was created.
This new, international forum – on June 6 – is focused on developing innovative and sustainable solutions to some of the world’s top challenges. INX22 attendees will learn from trailblazers in innovation, make meaningful personal or professional connections, and gain inspiration to tackle their organizations’ most pressing needs.
“If you were launching a problem-solving forum from scratch, and wanted it to be big, ambitious, and packed with inspiration and ideas, you’d be describing INX22,” said Joseph A. Lizza, executive director of Felician University’s Lenke Family Center for Innovation, one of INX22’s organizers.
“INX22 can open the door for new ideas, new partnerships, and new perspectives,” Lizza added. “Equally important, attendees will have the opportunity to learn how forward-thinking industry leaders are making sustainability a reality within their organizations.”
The diverse roster of international and U.S. speakers will share their journey and convey essential lessons and insights addressing:
- Developing public and private partnerships
- Areas of healthcare need throughout the world
- Turning concepts into viable businesses
- Advances in medicine
- Tapping government resources
- Creating sustainability within restaurants and the food chain
Reflecting its big-idea aspiration, INX22 will be held at the iconic American Dream. The Lenke Family Center for Innovation is partnering with Felician’s Center for Academic Technology, the university’s Buildings & Grounds Department, and the Royal Academy of Science International Trust, to present INX22.
Speakers and Panel Sessions:
- Khawar Nasim, acting consul general of Canada to the United States, in New York, speaking about innovation and sustainability in the Canadian government sector
- Clare Guinness, innovation district director for Innovation City Belfast (Northern Ireland), sharing how her city leverages its strengths in tech innovation to attract investment and translate university research into world-class business improvements
- Kai Feder, chief of staff at the New Jersey State Office of Innovation, addressing the Office’s work to equip entrepreneurs with the innovative skills to solve public problems; and its efforts to make it easier to start, operate, and grow businesses in N.J.
- Kemi Olugemo, MD, director of communications for Women of Color in Pharma (WOCIP), speaking about WOCIP’s initiatives to address COVID-19 competency and confidence, along with related health disparities in communities of color
- David Perlin, Ph.D., Chief Scientific Officer for the Hackensack Meridian Health Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI), will present about CDI’s role as an entrepreneurial research enterprise that rapidly translates scientific innovations into improved patient outcomes for a variety of diseases and conditions.
- World-renowned spinal surgeon Lawrence Lenke, MD, and his wife, Beth Lenke, discussing the importance of innovation in healthcare and the alignment of INX22 with the mission of Felician and the U.N.
INX22 will also feature panel discussions, including one focusing on food sustainability at restaurants and within the food supply. Panelists include the leaders of Italian farm-to-table restaurant Fiorentini, the first Rutherford, N.J., business to be identified on the State of N.J.’s Sustainable Business Registry; HealthBarn USA, a national leader in healthy lifestyle education for children and families; and Bone In, LLC, a food delivery service focused on small, local farmers using the most sustainable and regenerative farming practices.
An additional panel will showcase student leaders, presenting ideas and successes utilizing innovative technologies to support INX22 activities.
INX22 Event Tickets: Tickets are now on sale for Day 1, at www.felician.edu/inx2022. The $100 price includes admission to the full day of events, all keynote presentations and panel discussions; networking opportunities; and breakfast, lunch, and break snacks. INX22 is offering ticket discounts of $75 for anyone associated with an academic organization (promo code: INXEDU), and $50 for high school students (promo code: INXHS).
Sponsorship Opportunities: INX22 is pursuing a variety of sponsor partnerships with organizations supporting sustainable development, corporate social responsibility, entrepreneurship, and more. These sponsorships provide high visibility and benefits including marketing/branding exposure, hosting forum meals, and more. Visit www.felician.edu/inx2022 or email INX2022@felician.edu if you have other questions.