20 Ridge Road
Mahwah, NJ 07430
In-Store Registered Dietitian Leads Free LiveRight Events for Shoppers of All Ages
Event Date: May 30, 2014
Download Word Doc: Click Here
HACKENSACK, N.J., April 30, 2014 – In May, ShopRite of Hackensack, an Inserra Supermarkets store, is offering an extensive range of wellness and healthy eating events for shoppers of all ages. ShopRite’s free retail dietitian services and the following programs are available to the general public:
- Mondays, May 5 and 12 – Produce Pick, 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. Join ShopRite’s in-store dietitian Emily Johnston, R.D., C.D.E., in the produce department for the week’s surprise pick packed with both flavor and nutritional benefits.
- Thursdays, May 8, 15 and 22 – What’s Cookin’?, all day. Each Thursday, the in-store dietitian will team up with the ShopRite Kitchen to spotlight new Eat Well recipes. At ShopRite, Eat Well means choosing dishes full of the freshest ingredients and flavor but light on calories.
- Fridays, May 9 and 16 – High Fiber Friday, 1- 3 p.m. Wondering how to meet suggested fiber requirements each day? Visit the Dietitian’s Corner for all the answers on how to do just that in a simple and delicious way.
- Saturday, May 10 – Women’s Health Special, all day. Drop by the Dietitian’s Corner for the inside scoop on “super foods” for women!
- Sunday, May 18 – Ask the Dietitian, all day. Stop by anytime to meet Emily Johnston, R.D., who is also a Certified Diabetes Educator (C.D.E.) and learn about ShopRite’s free nutrition services.
- Tuesday, May 20 – Shopping List Makeovers, 3 – 6 p.m. Tired of the same-old meals and snacks? ShopRite’s registered dietitian will give that shopping list a healthy makeover and provide money-saving coupons too.
- Tuesday, May 27 – Spring Training!, 2 – 5 p.m. Nutrition is essential for all athletes, whether they are walking, swimming, biking or training for a big race. Stop in the Dietitian’s Corner for nutritious and flavorful meal and snack ideas as well as myth-busting information.
- Wednesday, May 28 – Allergy Awareness Afternoon, 2 – 5 p.m. ShopRite of Hackensack has a wide range of allergy-friendly foods. Visit the Dietitian’s Corner for samples and recipes too.
- Saturday, May 31 – LiveRight Kids Day, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Bring the littlest chefs in the family for the chance to make some healthy creations and have fun doing it. The event is recommended for children ages 4-6 and advance registration is required. A parent or guardian must attend. To register, stop by the Dietitian’s Corner or call (201) 819-5015.
ShopRite of Hackensack is located at 500 South River Street. For more information or to pre-register for one of the events, contact Emily Johnston, RD, CDE at 201-819-5015.