20 Ridge Road
Mahwah, NJ 07430
In-Store Registered Dietitian Leads Free LiveRight Events Each Month for People of All Ages
Event Date: May 30, 2014
Download Word Doc: Click Here
HOBOKEN, N.J., April 30, 2014 – Healthy eating and wellness are always in season! This May, ShopRite of Hoboken, an Inserra Supermarkets store, has a full calendar of LiveRight programs designed for individuals of all ages. The store’s free retail dietitian services and the following programs are available to the general public:
- Saturday, May 3 – Produce Pick, 12 – 2 p.m. Meet ShopRite’s dietitian in the Produce Department for a sample of this week’s produce pick and healthy recipes too!
- Sunday, May 4 – Women’s Day!, 12 – 2 p.m. Attention ladies, take some time this month to pamper yourself! Stop in the Dietitian’s Corner for some quick tips on taking care of you.
- Monday, May 5 – Daisy Troop Healthy Eating Event, 3:30 – 4:30 ShopRite’s dietitian will lead a wellness program specifically geared for this Girl Scout troop and is available to create healthy eating events for other community groups. To learn more, stop in the Dietitian’s Corner or contact her at Jenna.Stock@wakefern.com or 201-819-4972.
- Tuesdays, May 6 & 20 – Guide to Gluten, 2 – 4 p.m. In recognition of National Celiac Awareness Month this May, ShopRite of Hoboken invites customers to stop in the Dietitian’s Corner to learn more about celiac disease and the store’s wide range of gluten-free offerings.
- Thursday, May 15 – Women’s Day!, 3 – 4 p.m. Attention ladies, take some time in May to pamper yourself! Stop in the Dietitian’s Corner for some quick tips on taking care of you.
- Thursday, May 15 – Cook Right for Tonight!, 7 – 9 p.m. Creating healthy meals has never been so easy! Join ShopRite’s in-store registered dietitian and culinary chef, Jeff Seligman, for the store’s culinary workshop series. This month’s demonstration features Tofu Fried Rice, Basil Tofu, Broccoli and Bok Choy Stir-Fry and Gluten-Free Carrot Apple Cupcakes. Please RSVP at the Courtesy Desk.
- Tuesday, May 20 – Allergy Awareness Meeting with FARE!, 7 – 8 p.m. A representative from the Food Allergy Research & Education organization (FARE) will discuss how to handle cooking for those with food allergies and will host a Q&A during the meeting. Reservations preferred. Please RSVP to Jenna.Stock@wakefern.com or HobokenFoodAllergies@gmail.com.
- Thursday, May 22 – Produce Pick, 3 – 5 p.m. Meet ShopRite’s dietitian in the Produce Department for a sample of this week’s produce pick and healthy recipes too!
- Friday, May 23 – High Fiber Friday! 2 – 4 p.m. Stop in the Dietitian’s Corner for tips on meeting the recommended daily requirements for fiber with ease.
- Wednesday, May 28 – LiveRight Kids Cooking Class, 4 – 5 p.m. In partnership with The Monday Campaign, ShopRite invites kids ages 6 -10 to be a part of the fun in the kitchen and learn about healthy eating in the process. Attendance at this event requires pre-registration. To register, please stop in the Dietitian’s Corner or contact her at Jenna.Stock@wakefern.com or 201-819-4972.
- Wednesday, May 28 – Eat Well. Be Happy., 6 – 7 p.m. If losing weight is on the radar, ShopRite has the answer! In-store registered dietitian Jenna Stock is hosting a six-week weight management class to customers, free-of-charge. To register, please stop in the Dietitian’s Corner or contact her at Jenna.Stock@wakefern.com or 201-819-4972. Don’t delay, space is limited!
- Saturday, May 31 – Toddler Gourmet, 3 – 3:45 p.m. Geared for children ages 3-5, this event will help set some of the youngest family members on the path to healthy eating. Attendance at this event requires a parent or guardian, and pre-registration is required due to space constraints. To register, stop in the Dietitian’s Corner or contact her at Jenna.Stock@wakefern.com or 201-819-4972.
ShopRite of Hoboken is located at 900 Madison Street. For more information or to pre-register for any of the events, contact Jenna Stock, R.D. at (201) 819-4972 or Jenna.Stock@wakefern.com.