20 Ridge Road
Mahwah, NJ 07430
Download Word Doc: Click Here
Release Date: Thursday, March 27, 2014
Media Contact: Evelyn Weiss Francisco (201) 796-7788
In-Store Registered Dietitian Leads Free LiveRight Events Each Month for People of All Ages
HOBOKEN, N.J., March 27, 2014 – This April, ShopRite of Hoboken, an Inserra Supermarkets store, is welcoming in spring with a full roster of LiveRight programs designed for people of all ages. ShopRite’s free retail dietitian services and the following programs are available to the general public:
- Saturday, April 5 – Produce Pick: Kale, 12 – 2 p.m. Find out why kale has earned its reputation as a “super food” when ShopRite’s in-store dietitian turns this week’s produce pick into a tasty – and nutritious! – dish with a member of the Earthbound Farm Organic Team.
- Monday, April 7 – The Top 8!, 3 – 5 pm. Interested in learning what the top eight food allergens are? Come by the dietitian’s office to find out and try a sample of an allergy friendly food too!
- Friday, April 11 and 18 – High Fiber Friday!, 3 – 5 p.m. What do trimming down one’s waistline, lowering cholesterol levels and eating healthy on a budget have in common? Fiber! Visit the Dietitian’s Corner to learn more.
- Saturday, April 19 – Free Health Fair at Palisades Family Success Center, 11 a.m. ShopRite of Hoboken’s registered dietitian will be on-site to offer healthy eating tips. The Palisades Family Success Center is located at 1408 New York Avenue in Union City.
- Monday, April 21 – Free LiveRight Kids Event/Monday Campaigns Cooking Class (ages 6-10), 4 – 5 p.m. Space is limited to 6 to 8 kids and advance registration is required.
- Tuesday, April 22 – Earth Day!, 3 – 5 p.m. No better time to be green! Learn how to clean your house and shine your hair with everyday food items.
- Thursday, April 24 – Cook Right for Tonight!, 7 – 9 p.m. Join ShopRite’s in-store culinary chef and registered dietitian in creating a nutritious meal for the whole family to enjoy. This class has a nominal fee and customers must sign up with courtesy prior to the class.
- Sunday, April 27 – Toddler Gourmet (ages 2-5), 3 – 3:45 p.m. Put the young ones on a healthy path with this fun-filled event! Attendance at this event requires a parent or guardian, and pre-registration is required due to space constraints.
- Tuesday, April 29 – Allergy Awareness Meeting with Jennifer Iserloh!, 7 – 8 p.m. Skinny Chef Jennifer Iserloh will teach the essentials of cooking for those with food allergies. Please RSVP to Jenna.Stock@wakefern.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday, April 30 – Heart Healthy Eating Presentation at Hoboken Public Library, 6 p.m. ShopRite’s dietitian Jenna Stock will address how to keep one’s heart healthy and still enjoy delicious foods!
ShopRite of Hoboken is located at 900 Madison Street. For more information or to pre-register, contact Jenna Stock, R.D., at (201) 819-4972 or Jenna.Stock@wakefern.com.