500 Barnegat Boulevard North, Suite 402
Barnegat, NJ 08005
Download Word Doc: Click Here
Request Hi Res Photo: Click Here
Release Date: Friday, April 04, 2014
Media Contact: Evelyn Weiss Francisco (201) 796-7788
New Whispering Hills Townhomes Offer Conveniences, Amenities
BARNEGAT, N.J., April 4, 2014 – Whether you’re looking to upsize from a cramped apartment or downsize from a large single-family house, the many benefits of townhome living should not be overlooked, according to Walters Homes, developer of Whispering Hills Townhomes, a planned community of 107 LEED-certified townhouses at the Jersey Shore.
“There are many different options to consider in today’s complicated real estate market,” said Laurie McManus, sales associate for Walters Homes. “These days, buyers are finding their dream home in a townhouse community. Owning a townhome can offer many of the same advantages of single-family ownership such as a large living space but without the hassles of maintenance.”
Townhouses are typically defined as multi-level structures that are attached to another dwelling on one or more sides. Their uniqueness is in the definition of ownership, which allows buyers to purchase the individual unit and the parcel of land underneath. Townhomes can be the perfect option for different types of buyers including first-timers and more mature homeowners looking for a convenient lifestyle. Although buying a townhouse is not very different from buying other types of homes, there are advantages that make them distinct. The following list offers six advantages to townhome ownership:
1. Cost: When comparing square footage, townhomes can be more affordable than single-family homes. Since townhouses share common walls, builders can offer a lot of living space while keeping the cost of construction down. Spacious modern layouts mean buyers get more house for their money.
2. Less Maintenance: Monthly association fees vary depending on the development and the amenities offered. Most association fees cover landscaping, maintenance and repairs to the outside of buildings. With no more lawns to mow, homeowners save time and money.
3. Homeowners Association (HOA): Having an HOA that enforces certain rules can help keep the peace in a neighborhood. Noise ordinances, messy yards and unsightly vehicles are issues handled by the board. Board members are voted in by the homeowners in yearly elections.
4. Green Amenities: Buying a new green townhome equipped with energy-efficient appliances will save energy, money and help protect the environment for future generations. Townhome developments that meet Energy-Star and LEED guidelines meet the standards set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Green Building Council respectively.
5. Fee-simple ownership: This is the most common type of ownership, familiar to most people. Unlike condominiums where buyers share ownership and have no rights to the property, fee simple allows buyers to own the land as well as the townhouse built on it. As a result, backyards are not common ground as they are with condominium developments. Homeowners can put up fences, barbecue grills, and many other things.
6. Security and Privacy: A townhouse is more private than an apartment or a condominium because there are fewer immediate neighbors. But since neighbors are located within the community, they can watch out for each other and be available in an emergency.
“Purchasing a new home is a big investment, and buyers want to make sure they are making the right choice,” said McManus. “At Whispering Hills Townhomes, the quality of construction as well as impressive design elements have been key selling points. Buyers appreciate features such as two-zone heating, Timberline roofs, spray foam insulation and the fact that Walters uses green building materials. You won’t find residential construction that’s comparable to Whispering Hills Townhomes in this area.”
Located in southern Ocean County, Whispering Hills is situated on the western shore of the beautiful Barnegat Bay. The community’s excellent public school system, quality of life and relaxed atmosphere make it an ideal place to raise a family.
For more information about Whispering Hills, contact the sales office at (609) 607-9400. Or visit www.waltershomes.com.