Allendale Community for Senior Living
85 Harreton Road
Allendale, N.J. 07401
Music, Poetry, Penguins and More Highlight Months Happenings
Event Date: April 30, 2014
Download Word Doc:Click Here
ALLENDALE, N.J., March 26, 2014 – Spring finally has sprung and with it comes a number of exciting April events at The Atrium Assisted Living at The Allendale Community for Senior Living. The following programs are free and open to the public:
- Tues., April 8: A support group meeting for caregivers, family and friends of persons with dementia takes place at 6:30 p.m. in The Atrium Lounge.
- Fri., Apr. 11: A Rabbi Gerald Friedman presents a model Passover Seder at 2 p.m. in the Activities Room.
- Wed., Apr. 16: “Celebrating Gilbert & Sullivan” commemorates the 14 comic operas and other works of the famous librettist and composer. The day’s activities include an antique button and trade card Show & Tell of “The Mikado,” which will be led by The Allendale Community’s Mary Stampleman at 11 a.m. in the Activities Room and will include music from the opera. A 1939 version of “The Mikado” will be shown at 1:30 p.m. in the Cinema.
- Thurs., Apr. 17: Volunteer John Drier will perform classical pieces on the piano at 3:30 p.m. in The Atrium Lounge in honor of National Volunteer Week.
- Sat., Apr. 19: The 60-piece Medicine Hat High School Concert Band from Alberta, Canada brings its unique brand of concert music to The Allendale Community for a special performance at 1:45 p.m. in The Atrium Lobby.
- Wed., Apr. 23: April is National Poetry Month, and there is no better time to celebrate poets and their craft. In addition to recognizing The Allendale Community resident Adrian Nader and his book of published poetry, members of the community and residents are invited to read their favorite poems. The program will start at 2 p.m. in the Activities Room.
- Wed., Apr. 30: In honor of World Penguin Day, The Allendale Community celebrates these amazing birds with a day of fun-filled activities.
The Allendale Community for Senior Living is located at 85 Harreton Road (GPS: 65 Route 17 South, Ramsey), on 12 suburban acres in Allendale, N.J. For more information about upcoming events, contact Mary Stampleman at (201) 818-7979 or visit http://www.allendalecommunity.com/.