20 Ridge Road
Mahwah, NJ 07430
In-Store Registered Dietitian Leads LiveRight Events for Shoppers of All Ages
Event Date: April 03, 2014
Download Word Doc: Click Here
HACKENSACK, N.J., April 2, 2014 – This April, ShopRite of Hackensack, an Inserra Supermarkets store, is celebrating the start of spring with a full roster of LiveRight programs designed for shoppers of all ages. ShopRite’s free retail dietitian services and the following programs are available to the general public:
- Thursday, April 3, 10 and 24 – What’s Cookin’?, all day. Each Thursday, in-store dietitian Emily Johnston will team up with the ShopRite Kitchen to spotlight new Eat Well recipes. At ShopRite, Eat Well means choosing dishes full of the freshest ingredients and flavor, but light on calories.
- Friday, April 4 and 25 – High Fiber Fridays!, 1 – 3 p.m. Wondering how to meet suggested fiber requirements each day? Visit the Dietitian’s Corner for all the answers on how to do just that in a simple and delicious way.
- Monday, April 7 – Cook Once, Eat Twice, 3 – 5 p.m. Make those leftovers last! Hear how to repurpose leftovers into a whole new meal as well as the essentials on food safety at this event.
- Sunday, April 13 – Ask the Dietitian, all day. Stop by anytime to meet Emily Johnston, R.D., who is also a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) and learn about ShopRite’s free nutrition services.
- Tuesday, April 15 – Tax Day Snacks, 5 – 7 p.m. Free healthy snacks and recipe ideas to make tax day headache-free this year!
- Tuesday, April 22 – Celebrate Earth Day, all day. No better time to go green! Come by the Dietitian’s Corner to discover eco-friendly foods that do double duty as household cleaners, skin moisturizers and conditioners for those lovely locks.
- Sunday, April 27 – LiveRight Kids Day, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Put the youngest chefs in the family on a healthy path with this fun-filled event! Children create and sample their own dishes and bring home the recipe too. Attendance at this event requires a parent or guardian, and pre-registration is required due to space constraints.
- Tuesday, April 29 – Produce Pick, 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. Join ShopRite’s dietitian in the produce department for this month’s surprise pick packed with both flavor and nutritional benefits!
ShopRite of Hackensack is located at 500 South River Street. For more information or to pre-register for one of the events, contact Emily Johnston, R.D. at 201-819-5015.